Apple is famous for its hassle free code execution which has been the very basic code of conduct laid by the legend, Steve Jobs. Hence there are less bugs and vulnerabilities in the system. Still there are some common base line unknown errors which have not been rectified in the later versions.
One of such errors is the 3194 restore error. It has been there since iPhone 3gs and now it still bugs up the latest iPhone version 4. In this article we will see how we can fix 3194 error.
Restore iPhone to stock iOS Downgrade version to v3.1.3
You can fix this with the help of a very effective program known as Tiny Umbrella. This came as a relief to almost all downgrading users when there was no other options available to them. Though there are some other programs we shall not be discussing them as this fix our problems for sure.
How to Fix Error 3194 iTune Error With Tiny Umbrella
- Download Tiny Umbrella from the official website here.
- Start “Tiny Umbrella”
- Double Click the “Advanced Option” tab.
- From there select the “Set Hosts to Cydia during exit”.
- On the lower right hand side panel select the “Apply” option.
- Restart your device.
Fix 3194 Error Manually In iTunes while Using With Downgraded Versions
Error code 3194 can be taken care of by simply manipulating the hosts file in the driver directory. You simply need to
For Mac OS X the path is: /etc/hosts
For Windows, the path is: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Open Your Notepad with Admin privilege. If you don’t know how to run this file as Admin, in the search box type “notepad” and when it shows up, right-click it and then select “Run As” Administrator.
- Browse to the host file and Open it using the notepad.
- Go the last line of the Host file.
- Just add this to the file: #188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com OR # 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com
- And save the file.
- Now connect your iPhone to the Desktop
- Start iTunes
- Now turn off your iPhone and and hold down the sleep/Power button for at least 10 seconds.
- After that release the power button but continue holding the Home button.
- You should now see a message which says “Device under Recovery Mode”. Release the Home buton
- Now you can easily select iTunes to restore your device.
Important: Once everything is done do remember to delete the last line that we changed in the host file.
3194 error Fixer Application
If you wan to solve all your problems related to this error with third part program, you can use this fix.
Just select “Fix My Error” and the program will automatically search for problems associated with the 3194 error and fix them automatically. Personally I don’t prefer using third party programs to do manual fixes, but it sure would help anyone who is not willing to take the risk manually.