With the new dawn of profit making techniques and scripting tools, many websites have turned on to forced pop ups and multiple link triggers to suck more money from a single click. There are many plug-ins and tools which prevent them from doing so but sometimes its a necessary evil. If you are using Ad-block plus or other such tools to disable pop ups you may come across sites which wont even load and redirect you to a page which begs you to disable it. If you don’t, they wont allow you to view any content on the site which is very awkward.
What is pop up Blocker?
It is simple tool which disables any abnormal redirection or stops a website from flooding multiple advertisement as a new window on your browser. This comes as a relief to all the users who are irritated from the harassment these sites do to them. Most of such forced advertisement are blocked and one can browse the site without any buggy messages.
Pop up Blocker Message
“It looks like you have Adblock or other ad blocking software enabled. In order to keep the content of this website free we must display advertisements on it. If you want to view the content of this website the author wishes that you disable Adblock or any other ad blocking software you may have before browsing the website. This message will go away once the software is disabled and you press the “Back” button.”
Disable pop up blocker Reasons
Many people believe the myth that pop-ups are virus harvesting sites and once they block then, their system are secured. To your utter surprise you will find that those pop ups are usually genuine advertisements and they mean no harm rather than earn multiple cents from your single click. I guess this does no harm until and unless the re-directions are non-adult sites or site which spread virus and Trojans.
How to turn off pop up blocker
Removing or disabling a pop-up blocker is not recommended but under only possible situations you don’t have any other way out. It is necessary to mention here that different browsers have different options to disable/enable pop-up blockers. Also there are browser embedded settings and third party plug-ins and extensions. We have mentioned here only the most profusely used browsers and their respective toolbar applications, plug-ins or extensions.
Adblock is a very useful plug-in for FireFox users and has recently been added to the chrome store. This simple yet powerful tool disable any pop-up which gets triggered while browsing any spoofed or malicious sites. Since this application is a very aggressive application there are many sites which gets nailed even for single pop-up advertisements and incur loses from it. Such site specifically runs and Anti-Adblock plus script to detect this application as they load their page in your browser. If they find a blocking application or program they might not allow you to view any content inside the site and will redirect you the above mentioned error message page. So, in order to disable Adblock plus you need to carry out the following steps:
Internet Explorer v6
- Open Internet Explorer 6
- Click on the tools tab
- Select Internet options in the last drop down
- Deselect the Block Pop-ups check box.
- Press OK
Internet Explorer v7
- Open the IE 7 browser
- Find the tool tab
- browse to Internet Options …
- Select privacy tab
- Find the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” check box in the bottom of the window
- Deselect it
- Select OK
Internet Explorer v8
- Start Internet Explorer 8
- Find the Tools tab.
- Press Alt + T if you are unable to find the toolbar
- Select Pop-up Blocker tab
- Hover your Mouse to the “Turn Off Pop-up Blocker” option.
- Restart browser
Internet Explorer v9
- Start Internet Explorer version 9
- Press Alt +t.
- Select Internet options from the drop-down menu
- Select the “Privacy” tab from the Internet Options window
- Look down for Pop-up Blocker tab
- Unchecked the check-box
- Press OK
- Restart IE 9
Mozilla for Mac
- Start Mozilla browser.
- Find the Mozilla tab in the upper left hand side of the browser.
- Select the preferences .. drop-down option from there
- Now from the category select the “Privacy & Security” option
- Select the Pop-up Windows tab under
- Uncheck the check-box “Block unrequested pop-up windows”
- Press OK
- Restart your browser
FireFox for Mac
- Start FireFox for Mac
- Select the FireFox tab from the upper left hand side of the browser window
- Select the Content tab
- Find “Block Pop-up windows” and select the check box
- Restart the browser
FireFox for PC
- Start Mozilla FireFox
- Find the “tools” tab or else Press Alt +T
- Select the “Options..” tab from the drop-down Tools menu
- Select the Content bar. Deselect the “Block pop-up windows” check-box
- Press OK
- Restart FireFox
- Start Chrome browser
- Press Alt + F and you should see the chrome control panel on the left side of the browser
- Select “Option” tab from the Drop down Items
- Click “Under the Hood” tab from the Option panel
- Find “Privacy” and Press “Content Settings” button
- Now there will be a list of sub options available to you.
- Find Pop-ups and Select “Allow all sites to show pop-ups”
- Restart Chrome
- Open Safari Browser
- Browse to the “Safari” tab beside the apple logo in the right side of the browser window
- Select “Block Pop-Up Windows”
- Open Opera browser
- Select the “Tools” tab beside the Widgets option
- Find and select the “Preferences…” tab (It should be the last in the drop-down list)
- Select the “General” tab
- Under the “Choose How you prefer to handle pop-ups” Select “Open all pop-ups” from the combo box and then press OK.
- Restart Opera browser.
There are some cases under which it was found that any toolbar (If Installed) blocks pop-ups even after you have disabled it for your browser. Some common toolbars are discussed below -
In your browser find the AOL toolbar and click on the Pop-up blocker button
Press it until it becomes “Allowed”
Restart your browser.
Find the Pop-up Blocker Image in the yahoo toolbar. Click the icon.
Find “Enable Pop-up Blocker” option in the drop down list and Uncheck it.
Select the Google Icon on the toolbar menu and select “Options” from the list.
In the Browsing tab find the “Pop-up Blocker” check and uncheck it
Press Ok and restart browser.
MSN Toolbar should have a “Blocker” icon on the utmost right hand side of the panel.
Select the Drop-down button and choose “Allow Pop-ups” option
PS: Disabling pop-ups is not recommended under any situation. We are not responsible for any damage your computer might suffer after the pop-ups are disabled. Make sure you have a good antivirus installed to minimise any severe infections.