World of Warcraft fanatics beware. There are spyware and viruses hanging around the net which specifically targets World of Warcraft. Infostealer.wowcraft is a trojan horse which attempts to steal any saved world of warcraft password on your computer but it also acts as a keylogger and will record any account details which has been typed while World of Warcraft is played. Another WoW related trojan you should be aware of is PWSteal.Wowcraft.C which does the exact same function as infostealer.wowcraft. It is not too much of a threat if you do own a World of Warcraft account but it is highly recommended that you follow spyware removal instructions below to remove the spyware infection from your computer.
To remove infostealer.wowcraft or PWSteal.Wowcraft.C automatically, we recommend that you try out Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware. Both are free spyware blockers which have very effective detection rates.
If you have another spyware blocker installed then you can also use it to perform a full scan. If the spyware blocker does not detect anything then I suggest you try using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware.
1. Download and install a Spyware Removal program of your choice.
2. Once installation is complete, load the Spyware Removal Program and navigate to the scanning section.
3. Most if not all Spyware Removal programs should give you the choice to either do a smart scan or a full scan. Choose the full scan.
4. Wait until the scan is complete. It may take as much as an hour depending on how many files you have on your computer.
5. Once the scan is complete, look through each ‘threat’ which the spyware removal program detected and remove/quarantine them immediately.