What is GMER?
GMER is a quick and easy Rootkit detector and remover for Windows operating system. This anti rootkit application has an additional scanner support which can make your task faster and easier. GMER helps to solve BSOD crashes and overcome Blue screen problems by successfully scanning your entire PC and removing malicious processes and Root kits.
Is GMR safe to use?
Yes, it is one of the very old trusted programs for removing Rootkits and other threats. Read our complete review for a better understanding of this software.
GMER Latest version
The latest version of this program is – 2.1.19163.
Supporting Operating System
This program supports all version of windows (both 32 and 64 bit version) including –
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Some of the remarkable features of this program are –
- Scan and find Hidden Process, threads and Modules
- Detect hidden service not shown under Task Manager
- Find Hidden files and read Master Boot record (MBR)
- Scan and display alternate Data streams
- Detect Registry changes made by Virus or Malware
- Scan Drivers hooking for SSDT/IDT and IRP Calls
- Smartly scan and detect inline hooks
- The “Kill All” option in the latest version
- Command line option for Shell Execution
Official Website – http://www.gmer.net
GMER Tutorial or Instructions
Using GMER to hunt and kill Rootkits is very simple and easy. Follow these instructions to get started –
- Download and Run GMER
- Now select Scan from the bottom right corner of the Program Menu
- Scan Entire Drive to find threats
- Look for RED highlights after successful scan completion
- Right click the listed service and select “Delete” one by one
- After removing each of them Restart computer
- Scan again to find any leftover malicious process or service
- Repeat steps 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Now Restart your computer Again
You can download the GMER AntiRootkit program by using the following links –
- GMER.exe (Random name to bypass Root kit detection)
- MBR Rootkit Detector
- Rootkit Detector and Userland
If your rootkit is smart enough to block the official website, you can use this alternative link for downloading this program –
Some of the worthy Alternative programs for this Rootkit scanner are –
- RootKit Hunter (Linux)
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit
If you find any problem in using GMER, you can contact the developer for help or list your problem in our comment section. If possible, attach the log file of your scanned results as well.