PC Antispyware 2010 is a rogue spyware application which must be removed upon detection. It is another bogus spyware blocker which comes from the same family as WinREanimator, Home Antivirus 2010 and PC Security 2009. The primary objective of this rogue spyware tool is to get you to purchase the spyware blocker, although it does absolutely nothing. Rogue spyware like PC Antispyware 2010 are promoted in malicious websites and it is absolutely essential that you do not visit them. Scammers may also implant malicious codes in websites and files. For example, you must always be wary of downloading files from a website which offers legal files for free like music and games.
Please note that manual removal does not always work and you are only advised to use these spyware removal instructions if you are comfortable in doing so (disclaimer).
Remove the following processes:
PC_Antispyware2010.exe Uninstall.exe jugifyryve.exe
Remove the following registry values:
\don’t load “scui.cpl”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don’t load “wscui.cpl”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “PC Antispyware 2010″
Remove the following Dlls:
AVEngn.dll htmlayout.dll pthreadVC2.dll msvcm80.dll msvcp80.dll msvcr80.dll
Remove the following files and directories:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
To remove PC Antispyware 2010 automatically, we recommend that you try out Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware. Both are free spyware blockers which have very effective detection rates.
If you have another spyware blocker installed then you can also use it to perform a full scan. If the spyware blocker does not detect anything then I suggest you try using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware.
1. Download and install a Spyware Removal program of your choice.
2. Once installation is complete, load the Spyware Removal Program and navigate to the scanning section.
3. Most if not all Spyware Removal programs should give you the choice to either do a smart scan or a full scan. Choose the full scan.
4. Wait until the scan is complete. It may take as much as an hour depending on how many files you have on your computer.
5. Once the scan is complete, look through each ‘threat’ which the spyware removal program detected and remove/quarantine them immediately.